CALM makes downtown Austin more livable. Initial objective: eliminate the rail squeal in the Seaholm District by working with Union Pacific Railroad.
Here is a short history on our first mission:
Members of our group were working on this issue for years, and formed CALM in the Summer of 2018.
- Squeal from trains on Union Pacific Railroad curve has appeared to exceed 100 dB(A)
- Many complaints to the city have resulted
- A petition has been signed by more than 800 people
- The railroad is more than 140 years old
- Our area urbanized relatively recently (in the last 10 years)
- Now there are more than 1,800 residences within 500’
- We now are consulting with technical experts and Union Pacific to identify the best solution
We need your help; please sign up for updates and connect with us on social media (below).